Refurbishing the existing building by introducing new infills and two extensions onto Endell Street and Long Acre.
Refurbishing and delivering additional high-quality, sustainable office space that meets the requirements of modern office occupiers
Providing commercial accommodation that will activate the ground floor frontages with a number of flexible uses (retail, cafe, restaurant, fitness/health and wellbeing)
Improving the public realm around the site, particularly on the corner of Long Acre and Endell Street
Increasing the accessibility of the building by opening up the centre of the building establishing a new heart for the site and recreating the memory of the historic Wilson Street route
Delivering new office terrace space to provide amenity space for office occupants, with the terraces appropriately screened and restricted on hours to safeguard residential amenity
Providing a more sustainable development by retaining 80% of the existing building footprint
Providing a building which makes use of the latest building technology and passive design elements to go beyond current sustainability targets
The building sits on a prominent location within the Covent Garden area. Since the 1850s the site has accommodated large-scale buildings of significant interest, including the 4,000 seat Queen’s Theatre. In 1911 the Queen’s Theatre was bought for use by the Odhams Press and the façade was retained until 1938.
In the 1970s, the site was briefly a Japanese community garden following the demolition of Odham’s Press, with the existing office building designed by R Seifert and Partners in a post-modern / brutalist style and was constructed between 1979-81 for a single financial institution.